Delicious Homemade Tomato Soup
Love Food Hate Waste.
The prefect recipe for using up vegetables, and warming you up, this festive season!
- Knob of butter
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 Potato, peeled and chopped
- 6 Big tomatoes, chopped
- ½ Red Pepper
- 3 fresh, chopped Basil leaves (or desert spoon of Mixed Herbs)
- 4 Rashers of cooked local Streaky Bacon
- ¾ Pint (½ ltr) of Chicken Stock
- ¼ Pint (300ml) Milk
- Tsp Black Pepper (fresh ground is best)
- Salt, to season
Main InstructionsBack To All Recipes
- Melt the butter in the pot, add the chopped onion, potato, tomatoes and red pepper. Cook gently for ten minutes then add the chicken stock, herbs and black pepper. Simmer for 20 minutes until potato is soft. Add the cooked bacon, snip it in to the pot, stir in well and heat through.
- Remove the pot from the heat, add the milk and liquidise. Season to taste and serve with wheaten bread, or lightly toast your leftover loaf to dip into the delicious homemade soup!