Del Toro – Bloody Mary Mussels
Bloody Mary Mussels
Demonstration recipe by Nicky Reid of Del Toro on the Signature Dish Cookery Theatre at Balmoral Show, 2011.
- 150g mussels, cleaned & bearded
- 300 ml passatta
- dash tobasco
- table spoon Worchestire sauce
- juice half lemon
- ½ red chilli finely chopped
- 1 heaped teaspoon horseradish
- Splash of vodka
- 3 celery stalks peeled & finely sliced
- 4 crushed garlic cloves, skin still on
- Small bunch of chopped flat leaf parsley
- Pinch of salt & pepper
Main InstructionsBack To All Recipes
- Pour all the ingredients except mussels into a jug & mix well. Tip the mussels into a large hot saucepan on a high heat and pour in the bloody mary mixture, cover with a lid and shake the pan around, leave for the mussels to open.
- Once the mussels have opened remove from pan with a slotted spoon & discard any unopened.
- Leave the sauce to reduce & thicken. Pour the reduced sauce over the mussels & garnish with some chopped parsley & yellow celery leaves.
- Serve with crusty bread to mop up all the juices.