Cupcake Chocolate and Blackberry Brownies
Jenny Bristow cooks up some delicious treats at the Tesco Taste NI Festival using Neill’s Flour!
A great treat, easy to make for any age & can be packed with fresh blackberries and nuts for extra texture. No butter or spread in this recipe and reduced sugar.
- 100g/ 4oz Neill’s self raising flour
- 25 g /1g cocoa powder
- 75g/ 3 oz dark chocolate
- 75g/ 3oz extra light mayonnaise
- 2 eggs
- 25g/1oz soft brown sugar
- 50g/ 2oz caster sugar
- 25g/ 1oz blackberries or blueberries
- 25g/1oz chopped nuts (optional)
- Sieve the self raising flour, cocoa powder into a bowl
- Beat together the egg yolks separated with the caster sugar until light and fluffy. Add the brown sugar and beat for 1 min, along with the mayonnaise.
- Heat the chocolate pieces in a bowl over a pan of hot water until melted. Cool slightly before adding to the egg, sugar & mayonnaise mixture and add to the flour & cocoa.
- Beat the egg whites until fluffy.
- Add the beaten egg whites, blackberries and nuts if being used. Mix lightly then transfer to cup cake cases before baking in the oven 190ºc for 15-18 minutes.
- Serve hot or cold!