Creamy Peppered Beef
Recipe development by the Livestock and Meat Commission
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 500g Northern Ireland Farm Quality Assured chump steak, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion – finely sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic – crushed
- 1 red pepper – finely sliced
- 1 yellow pepper – finely sliced
- 250g mushrooms – cleaned and sliced
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 30ml Cognac (optional)
- 250ml beef stock
- 150ml double cream
Main InstructionsBack To All Recipes
- Heat the oil in a large non stick frying pan and fry the onion until soft.
- Add the chump steak and thoroughly brown then add the peppers and fry for 5 minutes until they begin to soften.
- Add the mushrooms and fry until golden then add the garlic, chilli powder and Cognac.
- Let the Cognac evaporate then quickly add the beef stock and cream.
- Reduce the temperature and simmer for about 20 minutes until the sauce has thickened and the beef is tender.
- Spoon into warm bowls and serve with Wild Rice, cooked in vegetable stock.