Comber Potato Ravioli with Guanciale and Wild Garlic
Paula McIntyre’s recipe from the Comber Potato Festival Saturday 7th June 2014.
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 20-30 minutes
- 200g “oo” flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 dessertspoon rapeseed oil
- Cold water to bind if necessary
- 500g Comber potatoes
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 25g butter
- Handful chopped fresh chives
- 1 clove garlic (Crushed)
Wild Garlic Veloute with Guanciale
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 25g butter
- Splash of vermouth
- 250ml chicken stock
- 100ml double cream
- Handful chopped wild garlic leaves
- 4 rashers Guanciale
- Place flour and salt in a bowl and make a well in the centre.
- Add the yolks, oil and mix in water to make a stiff dough.
- Knead and roll in cling and chill.
- Boil the potatoes in their jackets until soft, drain well; dry out in the pan and peel. Mash the potatoes.
- Cook the onion and garlic in the butter until soft and golden.
- Add to the potatoes with the chives, season well with salt and pepper.
Wild Garlic Veloute with Guanciale InstructionsBack To All Recipes
- Cook the shallot in the butter until soft.
- Add the vermouth.
- Crank up the heat and add the stock.
- Boil until reduced by half.
- Add the cream and boil to spoon coating consistency.
- Add the wild garlic, blend to a smooth sauce.
- Cook the guanciale gently until crispy. (The resulting fat is great to fry potatoes in)
- Drain on kitchen paper and chop.
- Scatter over the finished dish.