Comber Early potato salad with scallions and homemade salad cream
This recipe was demonstrated at the Comber Earlies Potato Festival on Saturday 17th June by Paula McIntyre
Preparation Time 5
Cooking Time 20
- 750g Comber Earlies, scrubbed clean and boiled until soft.
- 6 scallions
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- Handful chopped parsley
- 2 hard boiled egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon English mustard
- 1 tablespoon castor sugar
- 4 tablespoons Cider vinegar
- 150ml double cream
- 150ml Broighter Gold rapeseed oil
- Salt to taste
- Cut the potatoes in half and place in a bowl.
- Brush the scallions with a little oil and cook on a grill or bbq to scorch., Chop and add to the potatoes with the onion and parsley. Mix well.
- Toss in salad cream and serve.
Salad Cream Instructions
- Blend the yolks with the mustard, sugar, vinegar and cream until it starts to thicken. Add the oil in a steady stream until fully incorporated. Season to taste.
Allergy AdviceThis recipe may include:Back To All Recipes