Cider & Apple Cake with Sauce Anglaise & Vanilla Ice Cream
Mac Ivors Medium Cider 4.5% pours clear gold with lively carbonation. Aroma of apple skin and candy floss. Sweet red apple character with crisp, clean finish. Available in 500ml bottles and 30L kegs.
- 50g Sultanas
- 150ml Mac Ivors medium cider (fresh & fruity)
- 125g Softened butter
- 125g Light soft brown sugar
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 175g Self-raising flour
- 50g Brown spelt flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- Pinch of salt
- 1 Crisp dessert apple, peel on, cut into cubes
- Soak the sultanas in 50ml of the cider until plump
- Preheat the oven at 180c/350f/Gas 4
- Lightly grease an 18cm/7in diameter baking tin and dust it with flour.
- Beat the butter and sugar, add the beaten eggs, flours, baking powder, coriander and salt. Mix well.
- Add apple, sultanas and the cider they're soaked in, plus the remaining cider to the cake mix, and combine but do not beat.
- Place in cake tin and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes till golden-brown and firm to touch.
- Can also be baked in individual dariole moulds for restaurants service.
- Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and hot custard or sauce anglaise.
Allergy AdviceThis recipe may include:Back To All Recipes