Cheesy Leek Tart
Recipe from Jennifer Sherwood of The Coat Maker’s Cafe
Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 40 minutes
- 6 oz Plain Flour
- 3 1/2 oz Butter
- 1 Egg (beaten)
- Salt and pepper to season
- 2 large leeks
- 2 oz butter
- 300ml whipping cream
- 3 eggs
- 4 oz grated cheddar cheese
- 2 oz grated parmesan
- Salt and pepper
- Rub butter and flour together
- Add salt and pepper with enough egg to combine mixture.
- Roll out thinly and place in a lined 23cm loose-based tart tin.
- Chill for 10 minutes, then bake blind for 10-15 minutes at 200°
Filing InstructionsBack To All Recipes
- Wash leeks thoroughly and slice finely.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and add the leeks with a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook until tender.
- Mix eggs, cream, 2oz cheddar and 2 oz Parmesan.
- Add cooked leeks to mixture and combine well.
- Pour into cooled pastry case, sprinkle remaining cheddar and Parmesan and bake for 30-35 minutes at 180° or until set and top is golden.