Butter roasted Megrim sole with mussels, cider, herb fennel and pea shoots
Flavours of the Foyle
- 2 whole skinned and trimmed megrim or lemon soles
- 500g scrubbed mussels
- 1 tablespoon rapeseed oil
- 50g butter
- 100ml cider
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 100ml cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped herb fennel
- Pea shoots to garnish
Main InstructionsBack To All Recipes
- Pat the sole dry and season.
- Heat a large pan until smoking hot and add the oil and the sole.
- Cook for 3 minutes and flip over and add the butter. Baste for 30 seconds then turn off and allow to sit.
- Meanwhile cook the shallot in the remaining 10g of the butter until golden and add the cider and bring to heat. Add the mussels and place a lid on top - cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove the meat from the mussels and reduce the liquid by half.
- Add the cream and boil to coating consistency.
- Check seasoning and add the mussel meat and herb fennel.
- Place the sole on a large plate and spoon the mussels and sauce into the middle.
- Garnish with the pea shoots.