Buchanans Easter Hot Cross Buns
This recipe for yummy Easter Hot Cross Buns was submitted by Buchanans Foods
Preparation Time 20 mins
Cooking Time 20 mins
- 110g Buchanans currants
- 180ml warm water
- 50g butter
- 1 tbsp dried milk powder
- 380g plain flour
- 50g caster sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 whole egg and 1 egg white
- 1 tbsp active baking yeast
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp water and egg yolk mixed together
For the icing
- 60g icing sugar
- 1 1 / 2 dessert spoons semi-skimmed milk
- Add the warm water, butter, milk powder, caster sugar, salt, whole egg, egg white, flour and yeast into a bread machine and start on dough programme or if you don’t have a bread machine mix all together and begin to knead together with your hands.
- When 5 minutes of kneading are left, add the Buchanans currants and cinnamon.
- Leave in machine till doubled or continue kneading with your hands until you reach this point.
- Drop onto a floured surface, cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Shape into 12 balls and place in a greased 9x12inch tin. Cover and let rise in a warm place till doubled (about 35-40 minutes).
- Brush the mixed egg yolk and water over the dough balls.
- Bake at 190 o C for 20 minutes. Remove from pan immediately and cool on wire rack.
- To make the crosses on top of the buns: Mix together the icing ingredients and brush a cross on each cooled bun.
Allergy AdviceThis recipe may include:Back To All Recipes