Brussels Sprouts and Bacon
This recipe was provided by Mollie Cunningham for the Ulster Farmers Union and was demonstrated by Mollie at the Belfast Christmas Market to promote buying local fruit and vegetables.
Brussels sprouts and bacon
- 1 packet Cookstown streaky bacon cut into small pieces
- Harnett's rapeseed oil
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 clove of garlic (Chopped)
- 12 Brussels sprouts
- knob of butter for serving
Main InstructionsBack To All Recipes
- Half the brussels sprouts and power boil them in boiling water, just until they are tender. Be sure not to over cook them.
- While the Brussels are being boiled heat a few tablespoons of rapeseed oil in a fry pan, than add your chopped garlic.
- Add the chopped streaky bacon and fry, stirring occasionally.
- Once the Brussels are boiled drain them then add them to the frying pan. Add the smoked paprika and stir.
- Cook on in the saucepan for a few minutes.