These bites are a great starter in a casual or formal setting. Not only are they simple to make, but you can use hundreds of toppings! And they can be vegetarian too!
Expert Tip: Serve with sour cream or sweet chilli sauce for dipping. Layer your bites so that the bread doesn’t go soggy – place a little cheese or your meat on first and finish with the vegetables.
- 1 baguette of French bread or similar
- Some olive oil
- Salt and black pepper to season
- Toppings of your choice – see what’s in your fridge and cupboards!
- Suggested Toppings:
- Tomato puree
- Chicken Slices
- Chopped Tomatoes
- Mozzarella (or any cheese)
- Roast Vegetables
- Crunchy Salad
- Slice the baguette into individual bite sizes and coat one side with olive oil
- Cook the meat
- Cook the vegetables
- Start to layer your ingredients on the oiled side of the bread bites, topping them with cheese.
- Once ready to serve, simply place them under the grill for 5 minutes and serve.