Brown Crab Mousse
- 150 g Crab meat
- Grated zest and juice of ½ lemon
- 1 tbl chopped parsley and dill
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 25g dried carragheen
- 150 ml double cream
- 150ml semi skimmed milk
- A few drops Tabasco
- A small pinch of chilli flakes
Main InstructionsBack To All Recipes
- If using dried carragheen soak in cold water for 20 mins and rinse well.
- In a small bowl, mix the crab meat with the lemon zest and juice. Add the
- parsley and dill and season with salt and pepper.
- Put 500 ml of water in a saucepan and add the carragheen. Bring to the boil and simmer for 25 mins.
- In a separate pan, heat the cream and milk and add the tabasco and chilli flakes.
- Strain the hot carragheen through a double layer of muslin into the pan of warm milk /cream while whisking all the time (It’s a good idea to wear a pair of rubber gloves to squeeze the muslin!) .
- Now quickly stir in the Crab mixture and pour into a ramekin or dariole mould lined with cling-film and allow to set overnight.