Brian’s Apple & Blackberry Harvest Sponge Cake
This recipe was provided by Brian McDermott to close out a truly delightful September and celebrate the beginning of Harvest!
- 225g . butter softened
- 225g of granulated sugar
- 2 large egg
- 450g. of self-raising flour
- Drop Vanilla Essence
- 2 large apples ( 40g sugar, 20g butter)
- 12 Blackberries
- 50ml milk
- Peel apples and slice thinly, add a sprinkle of sugar and knob of butter then soften apples on the heat in a small pot. Leave aside to Coole when done.
- In a bowl soften the butter and beat with electric mixer until light and creamy then add the sugar and beat further add beaten eggs and vanilla essence and mix together u too mixture is light. Add the milk.
- Add the sieved flour. Fold in the flour with spatula and not electric mixer.
- Marble the cooled apples and blackberries through the mix and fill 3 by 1LB loaf tins with mix. Bake for 30minutes, allow to cool and enjoy.
- Brian's Tip, replace blackberries with Blueberries or strawberries.
Allergy AdviceThis recipe may include:Back To All Recipes