Bread and Dromona Butter Pudding
Cooks Tip: To freeze, prepare to end of step 2 and freeze for up to 1 month. Thaw in the fridge overnight, remove cling film and bake.
- Dromona Butter 25-50g (1-2oz)
- Sliced white bread 8 slices, crusts removed
- Raisins or sultanas 3-4 tbsp
- Dale Farm Double Cream 284ml carton
- Dale Farm Semi-Skimmed Milk 300ml (1/2 pint)
- Eggs 4
- Caster sugar 4 tbsp
- Ground mixed spice 2 tsp
Main InstructionsBack To All Recipes
- Lightly butter a medium-sized freezer and ovenproof dish. Then spread the butter over one side of each of the slices of bread, and cut each slice into four triangles. Arrange the slices, butter-side up, in the dish. Scatter with the raisins or sultanas, lifting some of the pieces of bread slightly so the fruit goes under them.
- Lightly whisk together the cream, milk, eggs, sugar and spice and pour over the bread. If freezing (see Cook’s tip, below), tightly cover the dish with cling film.
- To cook, preheat the oven to 160°C/325°F/Gas 3. Bake in the centre of the oven for 1 – 1 ¼ hours, or until it is light golden and feels firm when lightly pressed in the centre. Take care not to cook for too long or the custard will curdle. Serve immediately, as it will sink down once it is out of the oven.