Brannigan’s locally shot pigeon, bacon popcorn and Cavanagh truffle mayonnaise.
This dish will be demonstrated by Daniel Harvey from Daniel’s at Tweedies at the Tesco Taste Festival on Friday 16th September 2016.
Preparation Time 15
Cooking Time 15
- 2 pigeon crowns
- 100g diced bacon
- 20g popcorn kernels
- 6 Cavanagh egg yolks
- 200ml rapeseed oil
- 10ml white truffle oil
- Salt & pepper
- 80g kale
- 50g dale farm butter
- Roast pigeon crowns in hot pan for 2-3 minutes then put in oven for 7 minutes at 220.
- Fry off diced bacon, once coloured add popcorn kernels, for about 2 minutes and when they all pop take of the heat.
- For the truffle mayonnaise, add egg yolk and whisk hard whilst slowly pouring in the rapeseed oil, add salt and truffle oil to taste.
- Add kale to boiling water for 30 seconds, drain and add to
- Melted butter to glaze, pat dry and arrange.
- Assemble as shown.
Allergy AdviceThis recipe may include:Back To All Recipes