Braised Steak with Oysters, Whitewater Stout
Braised Steak with Oysters, Whitewater Stout Mixed Seaweeds, dulse, sea lettuce & nori
- 1 kg of braising steak
- Seasoned plain flour
- 3 small onions sliced
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 4 carrots peeled and cut into strips
- 4 sticks of celery peeled and cut into strips
- 2 Tablespoons Tomato Puree
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 x 500 ml Stout
- Beef stock
- 2 Tablespoons of mixed sea vegetables
- 12 schucked oysters
- Oil for frying
Main InstructionsBack To All Recipes
- Toss the steak in the seasoned flour. Put oil into a large frying pan and when hot put the floured meat in and seal it. When sealed lift it out and set it to the side.
- To the frying pan, now add the onions and garlic and fry for approximately 5 minutes, until transparent.
- Next add the carrots and celery and cook for another 2/3 minutes.
- Now add the tomato puree and cook for further few minutes before adding the stout. Once you have added the stout, bring to the boil and allow the mixture to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the sealed meat and top up to cover with beef stock. Add the mixed seaweed and simmer until the meat is tender (This may take 1 ½ to 2 hours).
- To finish add the oysters and simmer for a further 5 minutes. Serve with a big dollop of champ. (As an alternative why not try dulse rather than scallions in your champ?!)