Boiled Eggs with Cheese Soldiers
Sunshine on a plate! This dish will brighten up any morning and provides you with a source of protein, calcium, vitamin A and vitamin E.
Cooks tip: Try scooping out the egg and spreading it on top of the cheese for a quick sandwich.
This recipe was kindly provided by HGCA.
- 2 large eggs
- 25g hard cheese e.g. Red Leicester, grated
- 1 tbsp low fat mayonnaise
- ½ punnet cress
- 2 slices wholemeal farmhouse bread, toasted
- Place the eggs in a small saucepan and cover with cold water, bring to the boil and simmer for 3 minutes for soft centres.
- Meanwhile, mix the cheese, mayonnaise and cress, reserving a little to sprinkle over. Spread over the toast and cut into soldiers. Serve with the boiled eggs.