This is the fun part! Baked potatoes can be filled with hundreds of things – you could try any of the following or invent your own!
Grate some cheese over the potato, sprinkle some scallions, let it all melt and enjoy
Put some coleslaw on your potato – surprisingly tasty.
Slice up leftover meat and mix in a little mayonnaise. Chicken, bacon, ham, steak or sausages go perfectly with potatoes
If you make chicken curry, chilli con carne, peppered beef or another ‘one pot’ meal the night before – use the leftovers to make a delicious baked potato filling
Mix some tuna with sweet corn and mayonnaise for a tasty treat!
Expert Tip – you can microwave your baked potato to save time! Wash it well and cook in the microwave for 10minutes or until cooked (depending on the size of your potato and power of microwave)
- Fat, floury potatoes (Maris Piper and King Edward are good bakers)
- Olive Oil
- A little butter for the potato
- Filling of your choice
- Preheat the oven to 200oC Gas Mark 6
- Wash the potatoes well, dry them and prick several times with a fork
- Pour some olive oil into your clean hands and rub over the potatoes
- Place directly on the shelf in your oven and bake for 60-90 minutes, depending on the size of the potato
- When cooked – the potato should be crispy and golden on the outside and should give a little when squeezed
- Split the potato, add a little butter and fill with whatever you like! Try some of our suggested options.