Baked Pasta alla carbonara
Thinly slice Guanicale on meat slicer and dry in oven until crisp, place one crisp slice on top of pasta.
- 125g/4oz Hannons Guanicale, diced, pan juices reserved
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 300-350g/11-12oz dried macaroni
- 2 very large eggs (or 3 small)
- 140ml/5fl oz single cream
- 5 tbsp koolkeernan cheese with dulce, freshly grated
- 100g Irwins Soda Breadcrumbs
- Finely Chopped Basil
Main InstructionsBack To All Recipes
- Fry the Guanicale and garlic in 1 tablespoon olive oil until crisp.
- Set to one side and leave to cool.
- Cook the macaroni according to the packet instructions.
- In a bowl, mix the eggs, single cream and two tablespoons of grated Koolkeernan cheese.
- Once combined, add the cooked Guanicale pan juices.
- Drain the cooked spaghetti, return to the pan and immediately pour in the carbonara sauce.
- Toss to coat and allow the egg to 'set' slightly.
- Fill casserole dish with pasta and sauce
- Mix breadcrumbs,basil and remaining olive oil together and sprinkle over the top of the pasta.
- Bake in preheated 170 degree oven 5-10 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- Serve with side of Rocket Salad and Basket of Homemade Chips.