On the second day of Christmas, Food NI gave to me..
Another tempting Christmas Starter using Benburb Mushrooms
Food NI have your Christmas dinner covered this year, with another tempting option for your Christmas Starter or even your Christmas party hor d’oeuvres with Benburb Mushrooms.
Benburb Mushrooms is a family business who have perfected their knowledge and mushroom trading experience by building their customer base since 1992.
The company works on a 7 day week, with the goal of providing their customers with fresh, quality mushrooms. They are based in the food heartland of Northern Ireland where quality produce is prized.
Put simply they are passionate about mushrooms!
6 Benburb Portobello Mushrooms
3 Rashers Kennedy Bacon
Half an onion
A clove Garlic
1 knob of Abernethy Butter
- Firstly, remove the stems from Benburb Portobello Mushrooms and chop finely.
- Chop the Kennedy bacon, onion and garlic finely and sauté in the Abernethy Butter.
- Cook until the onion is soft, and the bacon is cooked, then drain.
- Stuff the Benburb Mushroom caps with this mixture.
- Bake on a sheet of grease proof paper at 180 Degrees for 10-15 minutes.
- Plate your mushrooms and enjoy!