IFEX 2012 is set to showcase the latest in product developments and new business solutions to help visitors’ businesses flourish in the future. Taking place from 24 to 26 April, in the King’s Hall, Belfast, there’s also free-to-attend learnShops seminars, the Product of the Show awards, ChefSkills, daily ‘cook-offs’, live kitchens, food demonstrations and so much more.
Expected to be one of the most important events for the food, drink, retail and hospitality sectors this year, IFEX will be welcoming an estimated 4,500 visitors to the show, making it one of the largest trade shows in NI.
The number one reason why visitors attend IFEX is to uncover new products and solutions, and this year, IFEX will host thousands of new product developments, all of which are hoping to become the stars of the show!
From cooking equipment to international cuisine, and everything in-between, IFEX is a must-attend trade show for the NI food, drink, retail and hospitality trade. There’s a range of exclusive show offers available from exhibitors and numerous new product launches set to take place at the show. Here’s a small selection of what’s in-store from exhibitors at IFEX…
· Daily ‘cook-offs’ will be a feature at Henderson’s Foodservice (stands A3, A5, B3, B5&B6) stands, where they will feature products from all four temperatures including non-good, chilled, ambient and frozen.
· Food demonstrations and tastings will be held by Camseng International Food Distributors (stands H19&J19) on its stand at various times, featuring the best in international cuisine. It will be showcasing ambient, chilled, frozen food, packaging and non-food for the Asian and fast food sectors.
· Presenting its latest revision of Cash Room Manager software, Cummins Allison (stand A23) - a leading manufacturer and supplier of cash-handling solutions to the UK and Ireland - will have special offers and a range of discounts can be negotiable for any orders taken during the show.
· Live cookery demonstrations will be a feature on the Northern Ireland Pork & Bacon Forum stand (stand H10), where it will be promoting the benefits of ‘local pigmeat’ at IFEX 2012. The Forum will highlight new pork recipes for foodservice and most importantly sponsor the Young Chef of the Year Award.
· Launching its' Proper Tea' campaign, Suki Teahouse (stand K1) will also showcase a variety of new products including new teas that Suki has sourced and the new 'afternoon tea' range. Tea tasting sessions will run over the three days.
· Unveiling the first look at Peppersmith Mints in NI, Matthew Algie (stand K16) will also be exhibiting fresh filter coffees and espressos, brewed in a variety of enticing fashions. Meanwhile, Espresso Warehouse will present everything from essential barista hardware and cleaning materials, to food and drink brands such as Chocolate Abyss, Wooden Spoon and The Fine Cookie Co.
Also, not to be missed are….
· Stephens Catering (stands D13 & H6) will be focusing on energy efficiency at this year’s show. The company will be featuring equipment including rational combination ovens, Hobart’s Bonnet Combi, Dishwater AUP-31, the Merry Chef, FrimaVario Cooking Centre, Mechline Waste 2o, Robat Coup and Frymaster amongst others.
· Lynas Foodservice (stands A13& C13) has developed its own butchery and the unique brand of Causeway Prime, which will be on show at IFEX. Lynas will be featuring a gastronomic experience with its succulent steaks, local Irish Lamb, Northern Irish Pork and many more lines.
· Massey for Catering Equipment (stand J1) will be displaying its range of fish & chip shop equipment including the new Fish Frying range.
· Broighter Gold Rapeseed Oil (stand H11) has developed and produced the first ever fully locally-produced rapeseed oil in Northern Ireland. Grown and harvested on a farm just on the outskirts Limavady, Broighter Gold will be showcasing rapeseed oil in a variety of sizes of bottles for both trade and retail.
· Fivemiletown Creamery (stand A17), will be sharing its stand with Gortaclare, Fivemiletown Creamery's distribution partner for Northern Ireland. Fivemiletown will be showcasing a popular range of award-winning luxury cheddars and BoilÌe cheese pearls.
· Kelsius (stand C3A) will be launching FoodCheck at 3.15pm on Wednesday 25 April. A new wireless HACCP system, FoodCheck revolutionises the control and monitoring of food and safety standards for food service organisations.
This year’s IFEX exhibitors will be showcasing thousands of products and solutions, which will help to give your business the edge. For a full exhibitor list and detail on what each company will be showcasing at this year’s event, go to www.easyFairs.com/IFEX.
And if that’s not enough, don’t miss the range of interactive and valuable features and advice on offer at the show:
• FREE learnShops seminars over the course of the show
• The Product of the Show awards
• ChefSkills 2012
• La Parade des Chefs
• NI Good Food Pavilion
There’s a lot going on at IFEX 2012. Planning your visit is recommended. Please check the IFEX website www.easyFairs.com/IFEX for the full details and timings for each of the IFEX features.
Beat the queues and REGISTER NOW at www.easyFairs.com/IFEX.
Opening hours of IFEX 2012
Tuesday 24 April 2012, 10:00 – 18:00
Wednesday 25 April 2012, 10:00 – 19:00
Thursday 26 April 2012, 10:00 – 17:00