Seasonal Chicken Pie
This is great way of making a chicken go further; depending on the size of the dish and the amount of vegetables – you can serve up to 10!
• A whole Northern Irish cooked chicken or selection of chicken pieces
• Selection of seasonal vegetables (e.g. onion, carrots, leeks)
• One pack of uncooked puff pastry
• A little flour, butter and milk
• Defrost the puff pastry
• Cut the chicken into bite sized pieces
• Gently cook the vegetables in a little butter and/or olive oil for 5 minutes
• Take of the heat and add one tablespoon of flour
• Gently add milk until you have a smooth sauce
• Add some of the chicken gravy from the cooked chicken. Warm through until the sauce has thickened
• Place the chopped, cooked chicken in an oven proof dish and cover with the vegetables and the sauce
• Place the puff pastry on top of the dish and cook at 200oC until the pastry is light and golden
When in season add some fresh sweet corn, use a large knife to take it off the cob – a great way to get everyone to eat fresh vegetables!